skip navigation


The Ocean Bay club code is W37EEF CLICK HERE to get an AAU athlete membership ($20) or go to AAUVOLLEYBALL.ORG


click HERE for a breakdown of fees and explanation

what do you do after tryouts???

Please follow the instruction below on what to do next - all athletes must have an aau membership to participate in practices.

  1. Get AAU membership click HERE.  Make sure to purchase a YOUTH ATHLETE MEMBERSHIP.  The Ocean Bay club code is W37EEF. All athletes need an AAU membership regardless if they are just training or want to compete with a team.
  2. Pay September fees.   For the list of fees and explanation, go to your team page.   CHECKS ARE PREFERRED METHOD OF PAYMENT.  
  3. Start booking HOTELS click HERE. (if your son is competing)
  4. Make sure to look at the CALENDAR frequently to confirm your practices click HERE.
  5. For addresses to practice facilities and tournaments click HERE

Frequently Asked Questions regarding tournaments and traveling

Q. How does my son get to tournaments?
A. The parent is responsible for getting their sons to the tournaments or arranging it with another parent.

Q. When will we know what time we play on the first day of the tournament?
A. Typically pool play is announced the Wednesday before the tournament starts.

Q. Do all the teams play every day of the tournament?
A. Yes.  No matter how you  do all teams play the last day of the tournament.  The last day is usually play until you lose.

Q. Where are the tournament locations?
A. All tournament locations are posted on the 'Directions' tab of the OBV website.

Q. What time does my son need to arrive at the tournament?
A. Coaches usually ask that players arrive 1.5 hours if they play first or 1 hour before their first assignment is reffing.

Q. Do we need to stay in the team hotel?
A. YES if the tournament has a "stay and play" policy (all QUALIFIERS and some tournaments) and/or if your son does not have adult supervision. 

Q. If the tournament is out of state do we need to use the same flight as the coach?
A. If your son is travelling alone he needs to be either on a flight with the coaches or another adult.

*To determine which division your son is playing in go to their TEAM PAGE click HERE

"We are a member club of the Florida Region of USA Volleyball.  As a player you may stop any unwanted contact from a club representative by simply asking (either verbally or in writing) that all contact cease.  Any player believing a club representative of any Florida Region Volleyball club has been intimidating, harassing, or acted inappropriately in any manner of contact or recruiting should contact the Florida Region office at (352) 742-0080."